Monday, May 30, 2011

Celebratin' Amurica.

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

What a day.  Whenever there's a holiday, our house is where it's at.  We had some extended family over, I had a few friends come over, and Dorothy decided that her little band of hooligans needed to come over at 9:30 in the morning.  I'm all for three or four people over...but nine? Nine hoodlums takin' up my sunbathing grass.  Nine hoodlums eatin' my delicious food.  NINE HOODLUMS STEALING ALL OF THE CHEESECAKE AUNT SASQUATCH MADE.  Come on people! Don't mess with me and my cheesecake.


It's a love affair.
[via Party in the Pasty]
Ree-diculous.  I'm over it.  Anywho, as usual Mommycakes made enough food to feed Afghanistan and as usual 20 people consumed it all.  My tummy hates me.  Alas.

I have to say, it was a gorgeous day.  Sunny, a few puffy white clouds to break up the cerulean blue of the sky.  The trees in the backyard were greener than ever and it looked like we were in a snowglobe.  But why a snowglobe?  Silly you, it's because of the Poplar tree in my backyard.

OH MY GOD THE POPLARS.

Sweet baby Jesus I hate this Poplar tree that's in our backyard.  EVERY SINGLE YEAR around Memorial Day, this tree just decides that it needs to disperse it's damn seeds.  It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't thousands of seeds.  THOUSANDS.  Perhaps even millions.

And they all look like little bundles of snow.
[via Wikipedia]
It looked like it was snowing.  As if we don't get enough snow.  Summer's supposed to be filled with snow-free fun.  Why must it look like it's snowing in May?! Because the world hates me, that's why.

Oh not to mention that these seeds like to gravitate towards your open drinks, food, nose, and mouth.  They just love to sneak right on into your hair and form little groups of cotton-like seeds around your toes.

PS I'm terrified of cotton balls.

Did I mention that I hate that Poplar tree?

[via Smosh]
Alas.  It is what it is.  But anyway, it was so sunny out! If it wasn't for those stupid seeds, it would've been the perfect day.  I wore a new shirt that I bought a few days ago - it's a racerback.  Little Miss over here didn't put sunblock on and ended up getting a pretty intense burn.  I've been so sunburnt so many times it doesn't even hurt anymore, but from the looks of it...it's probably a 7 or 8 out of 10.  I'm radiating heat from my back...

That's about right.
[via Google]
But it was so hot out I had to hose down my beloved five or six times.  Gary just gets so warm in that darn sun... He starts panting and his tongue just lags all down his face.  Oh Gary, sometimes I wish you would just learn to love the pool like the rest of us.

Or at least love being hosed down like this dog. Jeez.
[via HubPages]
Also, I just took my crack brownies out of the oven.  The house smells like heaven.  I'm in heaven.

It's been a great day.  I love holidays with the fam, even when people steal my cheesecake.  It's been filled with perfect food, perfect friends, and the absolute most perfect pooch of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment