Sunday, July 10, 2011

R.O.Y.G.B--HOLY CRAP.

What a great weekend it has been.  I hung out with a friend that I rarely see on Saturday, then today I made some kickass cupcakes and attempted to throw a surprise party that ended up being a huge disaster.  Alas.

Facepalms were abundant today.
[via blackandteal]

Oh, and I watched the Fairly OddParents movie.  {I'm secretly a kid at heart}  Please don't judge.

So yesterday, I hung out with someone I never get to see anymore and it was awesome to catch up.  At the end of the day, we went to see a movie.  Horrible Bosses.  Perhaps you've heard of it?  Let me just say that I almost peed myself.  There are so many quotes from that movie, it's actually ridiculous.

Yes. Just yes.
[via wikimedia]

Seriously, go see it.  Prepare to laugh.  Because this movie is effing hysterical.

And fast-forward to today.  I made some chocolate cupcakes and had the best idea in the effing world for the frosting.  White is so boring.  And brown frosting looks like...well it looks like #2, folks.  And coloring them with one color is so ten years ago.

So why have one color, when you can have AS MANY AS THE UNIVERSE PLEASES?!

Oh yes, children.  I created rainbow frosted cupcakes.

Oh yes.  This is reality.

This may look hard, but by now, I have realized that some of the best things in life are the easiest to create.  And the tastiest.  God damn, I really pulled this off.

The frosting recipe is here.  It's pretty great - just a simple buttercream frosting.

So it was white to begin with.  But then if you're planning on making the divine rainbow, this is what you're going to want to do.

Take the buttercream frosting and split it into three equal sections.  Take food gel (not liquid dye) and put red in one, yellow in another, and blue in the last bowl.  Put as much in until you're content.

"Ooh, aah"
So, I'm a huge fan of the ghetto pastry bags, so I grabbed a gallon-sized bag.

"But Eve, they're only three colors.  How will you ever make a rainbow out of them?!"


Oh you.  Take a spoon.  And scoop a spoonful of the red.  Put it in the bag, pushing toward the corner you're planning on cutting.  Continue this with the different colors, making sure to grab different colors each time.  Try to make a sporadic pattern.  You're bag will look like the 1960s.  Just accept it.  Embrace it, even.

Outta sight!

Cut off the corner, and let the frosting do the work.  Frost the cupcakes like you normally would, and shazam! 


Rainbow.


Rainbow cupcakes. 


Rainbow cupcakes that put all cupcakes to shame.






Shame on you, other cupcakes.


They all look different and they are all equally magical.  Except when I started to run out of frosting.  The last few were actually pretty ugly.


Please forgive me.  
They taste delicious.  They look even more effing delicious.  I have a feeling that this is something I'm going to be making regularly.  For the rest of my life.  I recommend you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment