Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Painful Move In.

Well hello there!

How are you today?  What'd you think of the torrential downpour we got today?  Or the extreme wind?

Damn you, Irene.  Damn you.
[via ibtimes]
If only the weather was the least of my growing list of issues.  If only.

I moved in for realsies yesterday, and let me tell you - it was pure hell.  It wasn't because I live on the top floor and have to lug my carcass up every day.  No.

That's child's play.  Psh.
[via suncallmoonbright]

I don't even care about that anymore.  Move in was horrible because I couldn't do a damn thing to help anyone.  For the first time in a long time, I was helpless.  I couldn't lift anything without my sternum screaming in protest.  Not to mention the rainbow of bruises blossoming underneath my bellybutton.

Eve, what happened to you?! Tell me, please!


Well, if you insist.  But let me just establish the fact that I'm now convinced that I'm in Final Destination and I keep cheating death.

It's not just a movie.  It's real effing life.
[via hwhillis]
Well, on Friday night, me and two of my friends were driving to take me home after a long day of adventuring and riding unicorns.  We were about ten minutes away from my house, crossed through an intersection, and BAM.  A motorcycle t-boned us.  I wish this was a little anecdote I was making up to keep my blog posts nice and meaty, but alas, this is my life.

I almost died when I went rafting.  And now this.  Folks, if there's any truth to the phrase "third time's the charm," then this blog might not see an entire year.  Because I'll be dead.  Minor detail.

There's not much I can say, actually that's the extent that I can write as of now.  Insurance stuff is still processing and whatnot.  When everything's all said and done, I promise to write about what an automobile accident feels like first hand.  It'll be good too.

I pinky promise.
[via facebook]
But as of right now, know that all of us are alright.  We're all bruised.  My sternum hurts like a mofo and I have bruises where the seatbelt saved me.  Let me tell you, if it wasn't for that seatbelt, I'm not sure if I'd be alive.  Truth.  Learn from me, children.  Always wear one.

But because of the fact that I fell asleep at three in the morning and woke up to move all of my stuff in, you can imagine what kind of shape I was in.  I was in a lot of pain.  Tylenol was burning off faster than the recommended dosage would allow.  No, Eve, you cannot take the whole bottle in one day.

But WHY, Tylenol, WHY.

You don't work when you need to.  Shame on  you.
[via wikipedia]
So that's been my past few days in a nutshell.  In a fair amount of pain and unable to do anything.  It sucks, but it's my life.  So, if you know of anything decent on instant Netflix, please comment below.  I've already blown through Tangled and Toy Story 3 today.  Currently beginning to watch Season 3 of Hoarders.

Like I said, I'm very open to suggestions.  Please comment below.  I beg you.

No comments:

Post a Comment