Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blerg.

I'm a hot mess right nizzle.  ugh.  Ugh.  UGH.

I've had toothaches for a while, and I finally sucked it up and called up the dentist today during my lunch break.  It went a little something like this:

Receptionist: "Hello, thank you for calling [I will not tell you my dentist's office over the internet, you stalkers.], how can I help you?"
Me: "Yes, hi.  I hate to be one of those people that tells you her whole life story, but lately my back molars have been KILLING me and I was wondering if there's someway I could make an appoi--"
Receptionist: "Yes, Eve we can actually take you right now.  Literally, we have nothing until 4pm.  Do you want to swing on by?"
Me: "Umm...well talk about speediness! Yeah sure, I mean I can go over.  See you later..."
Receptionist: "Sounds great! See you soon!"


Oh the life of a receptionist.  I know their pain.  I understand how you just want the phone conversation to end, because you have ten other ones ringing at the same time.  I know how exhausting it gets when the person on the other line spends fifteen minutes talking about their entire life and how their actions have led up to that phone conversation.  I've heard it all.  And I'm sure they have too...


This just felt like the right picture to put up...
[via researchhistory]
So I get there, and they plop me in a room, and check me out.  Yup, just as they suspected, it's those damn wisdom teeth.  God damn them.  Why do they even exist?! I hate you, wisdom teeth.  I've already been through this before about two years ago when I had my bottom two removed.  And now it's time for the top two, baby.  WAHH THEY HURT.  Luckily though, the dentist gave me some pain meds to ease the throbbing of my back teeth.  Yeah, teeth THROB.  I didn't know either.  But I have been enlightened.  


But whilst this pain has been occurring this past week, obviously I thought that the best way to cure the pain was by baking things.  Two nights ago, I whipped together little cutsie cherry pies.  They are so adorable.  I made them in a muffin tin.  Out of boredom, I noticed that we had those stupid pie crusts in the fridge.  I looked a little harder into the depths and I noticed a can of cherry pie filling.  Naturally, I made a pie.  But I didn't have enough filling to make a mama pie, so obviously the only other way a pie was being made was to make it smaller.  


And I succeeded. 


So I might have put too much filling in them.  Sue meh.
I would definitely do this again.  It's so easy to make these little suckers, it's actually a little pathetic. All you do is take the pre-made pie crust out of the fridge, cut circles that would fit into the muffin cups, put the pre-made cherry filling into the pie crusts, and then put some more crust on top, poke a few holes up in there and bake them.  


But be warned.  If you decide to to make something like this for a party or whatever (highly recommended, by the way), there are a few important tips I shall give you that will make your life a bajillion times easier.


1. Grease the hell out of the muffin tin.  Seriously, you have to think that the filling is going to erupt into the little cracks between the crust and the metal of the tin.  Because it will.  Don't be shy when you grease the pan, because the more butter you slap on the muffin tin, they less work you're going to have to do when it's time to get these bad boys out.


GREASE THAT PAN UNTIL YOUR EYES BLEED.
2. Poke holes in your crust before you put in the cherry filling. You should really do this whenever you bake a pie, but it's just another thing to make sure the crust doesn't stick.  It also provides ventilation so the pie cooks evenly.  I know most people enjoy a good evenly-cooked pie.  I sure do.




3. Don't watch the pie the entire time.  I did, because I wasn't sure how long they needed to cook, but I was torturing myself.  They were just teasing me, those pies.  "Eat me! Eat me!" Oh pies, how I wish I could! But you're not fully cooked yet! 


Yeah I talk to my baked goods now, get at me.  


Anyway, I'm making banana bread tonight.  And I really don't like banana bread, but my parents went grocery shopping and my mom thought it would be a good idea to buy bananas off the stem.  First of all, no.  Second of all, what the hell.  These stupid-ass bananas came in a BAG and they aren't attached (ie. off the stem).  I would shrug it off, but when they removed the nanas from the stem, they basically peeled off about an eighth of each banana, exposing it to the harsh world.


No, cruel banana farmers! You mean-spirited fools! How dare you let those bananas out in public all naked and scared!  Idiots.  Without the stem, they're all bruised and ruined. 


They look like the way a mugger would look if he tried to whoop me.
[via untitledname]
So that's what's going down in my life.  I am in misery.  There ain't nobody who can comfort me. Oh yeah. 


Going to a Maroon 5 concert on Friday.  I'm excited.  

No comments:

Post a Comment