Sunday, June 12, 2011

For the Love of Zeus.

Last Friday, I joined a gym.  Momma's gotta lose some weight.  I eat too much good food...it just makes my body all not-slim.  Alas.  I'm already sore.

But this is not what I wanted to talk about.  It's actually counteracting the work I did for the past few days.  Today, my friends, I went to the Greek Fest.  Oh my Hera.

I could spend hours just eating Greek food.


If the line wasn't so big, the amount of Chicken Souvlaki I would devour is shameful.  Again, the gym membership is necessary.

MUST. WORK. OUT.
[via examiner.com]
I went to town today.  I haven't had that much food in a long time.  I'm ready to chunder on command.  But I would get back in line for more food without blinking.  Such a conundrum, such a conundrum.

So my family and I do the Greek Fest in a ghetto fashion.  The lines fill up so fast, it's ridiculous.  I heard that at one point yesterday, it was an hour and a half wait to get food.  I don't want to wait almost two damn hours for food.  Bitch please.

Thank you but I will pass.
[via yumsugar.com]
So we elect not to wait in a long-ass line.  How, you ask?  Well the answer is actually quite simple.  We leave the house at 11:15 and arrive at around 11:35.  Then, we wait.  We wait in the parking lot until 11:45 and then we get in line.  We wait in the front of the line until the delicious food is unleashed at noon.  And that, my friends, is how you get food fast and without waiting in a long line.

And one of the best parts is looking behind you and seeing the last person standing next to the very car you exited from.  Oh sweet retribution.

I ate way too much.  I ate way too much and I don't even care.  Sometimes, you need to push yourself until you're writhing in pain.  And today was that day.

I ate souvlaki.  I ate delicious rice.  I ate tiropita.  I devoured baklava like I was in a contest.  I ate so many loukoumades.  I ate galaktoboureko.  And I topped it all off with a Fanta.

Wanta Fanta? Dontcha wanta Fanta?
[via bevreview]
So good.  I just couldn't stop.  I love it.  And Greek food does not love me or my waistline.  Alas.

No comments:

Post a Comment