Thursday, June 30, 2011

Snip Snip Rip Rip.

Today, I got muh hair cut.  I set up an appointment for 5:30 today at a new place in town.  I've had so many bad hair experiences, I was pretty nervous about getting it cut.  I just don't think I could ever take getting another bad hair cut.

Never again.  Never. Again.
[via smosh]
I've had times where my hair just gets so long and the ends start to split.  Everyone gets split ends.  But people, these splits make one piece of hair into five.  My last haircut was in October.  Seriously.  I was in Ithaca at the time, and I needed one.  Bad.  My dead hair was weighing everything down to the point where everyday despite my efforts, I looked like Lord Farquaad

ALL THE DAMN TIME.
[via scenicreflections]
Heavy at the bottom.  Thin at the top.  I was a walking nightmare.  I needed to chop off the Farquaad.  I was desperate.  I was walking through the commons, looking for anything with scissors.  I found an old school barbershop in the Center of Ithaca, and I walked in.  I needed a cut and this man who looked to be suffering from the early stages of Parkinson's disease was going to do the deed.  He sat me down, SPRAYED my hair until it was wet, and cut one straight line at about chin height.  Then he let me go. I looked horrible.  And my hair grew out from there and it has been unruly ever since.  

So I had enough and went to a new salon.  I intended to get just a cut and style, but the lady had other plans for me.  Somehow, this woman convinced me to get an eyebrow wax.  

Let's pause.

Hot wax has never touched my face.  I've never gotten my eyebrows waxed.  But it was already happening.  I could feel the lady spreading the wax, comfortably warm on my skin.

Basically.
[via blogcdn]
I feel her putting something on the wax, then her fingers massaging just a little, then...RIIIIIIIIIP.

Wowza.

It hurt a little.  I mean, it's nothing to cry about.  But it's just a surprise.  It wasn't bad and I think she actually did a good job.  I've seen some ladies I know get their eyebrows done and they look like Frankenstein.  Honestly.  But I do not look like Frankenstein. At six in the morning though, we might have a completely different situation on our hands...

But anyway.  So after half of my eyebrows are removed, my hair gets washed and she gets going.  I love my new haircut.  I really do.  I think it looks great.  If you don't, just go away.  

It's a little under my shoulders, probably 3 or 4 inches shorter than it used to be.  It has a slight side bang and it looks phenomenal.  I'm excited to like my hair for once in my life.  

But with my hair all freshly chopped, I most certainly have bigger fish to fry in my life. 

Preferrably haddock.
[via palscience]

My top wisdom teeth are being removed tomorrow.  I'm in pain.  Every damn time I yawn, my jaw just ignites on fire.  And with working full time, I yawn more than the Average Joe/Jane/Joe-Jane-GOG.  It sucks.  And after tomorrow morning, I won't be able to eat solid-ish food for a few days.

All aboard the yogurt train.  For real.

I shall be eating/drinking/slurping yogurt for days.  And pain pills.  

Huzzah.

I'll let you know how everything goes.  I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment