Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ranting.

I've got a few bones to pick with some things I've currently witnessed throughout this week.  I don't know why I have such a problem with these things, perhaps you do too.  But I really do have an issue with these things.  I'm sorry if you read what I'm about to write and become offended.

1. Since when did brown cars become popular?
Alright people.  Seriously.  There are some things I just can never understand, and one of them is why car makers thought that brown was a good color to paint an automobile.


WHY.
[via aftonstation]
Do you know what came to mind when I saw the seven or eight brown fugly cars that drove past me during my five mile drive home from the gym?  Here comes Rolling Turd #5.  That's what I thought of when I saw the fifth one.  You can substitute other numbers in of course.

But these cars look like thousand-pound pieces of crap to me.  Literally.

Is it just me or do you guys think that brown cars aren't attractive?  There are so many colors that are better suited for cars.  Like navy blue. You know, I drove a navy blue Mustang the other day for work and it was AWESOME.  Why can't more cars be navy blue?  WHY.

Mmmm. That's more like it.
[via fordoflexington]
2. Why the hell do guys at the gym feel the urge to grunt?
Alright, so I've been going to the gym daily for about two weeks now.  I've forgotten my iPod ONCE and I have learned that if I ever do it again, I have to turn back and retrieve it.  But even when I remember my iPod and I'm blasting Super Mash Bros until I hear nothing else, sometimes some disturbing noises sneak through.

Ugh. Yeah. UGH. Dude, look at my muscles.  Ugh. Ninety-four.  Ugh.  Two hundred.  UGH. UGH. Ugh. YEAH. YEAH.


Stop.


Seriously.
[via argylelife]
Today was fine, and honestly I was going to just shrug it off.  I thought I could get my workout in without hearing testosterone explode from the vocal chords of the men around me.  Forty-five damn minutes into my routine, I take a seat and start teachin' my triceps a lesson in PAIN.  Listening to some hardcore Ludacris, I hear some loud-ass noise through my music.  Not in the mood, meathead.  Not.  In.  The.  Mood.  This dude was grunting so loud, I'm pretty sure he was echoing.  ECHOING.  What the hell, man.  Have some class.

So that loud grunting lasted for around five minutes.  Then he left.

THERE IS A GOD.
[via bloggingheads.tv]
And then I moved on.  My arms were tired, so I decided to torture my abs next.  Google the Abcoaster.  You have no idea the pain this causes my stomach every time I use it.  Guys, it's most certainly a legit piece of exercise equipment.  I love it and hate it.

Anywho.  I mounted the Abcoaster and got down to business.  I use 20lbs of resistance and stole 10lbs from the other machine that I thought was finished.  Mostly because nobody was on it and there was no sign that anyone intended to get on it soon, but whatever.  Some dude in leprechaun green shorts gave me one of the dirtiest looks I have ever received.

Basically.
[via thatgirlisfunny]
So he left for thirty seconds and came back with a 10lb weight in his hand, popped it on the part of the Abcoaster that I stole the other weight from and went at it.  Right next to me.  At this point, I was sandwiched between two old men, including leprechaun man .  Leprechaun man started grunting.


For the love of Jesus.  Here we go again.  Two in one damn night. He was just as loud as the caveman I heard when I was working out my arms.  ONLY HE WAS TWO DAMN FEET AWAY FROM ME.  Even Disturbed couldn't drown him out.  And he wasn't even grunting to the beat.  How rude.

I hate the grunters.  If you hate them too, we have the possibility to form an extremely strong friendship.  So holla if you're a hater.

3. Why is watermelon only available in the summer?
I think I'm in love with a fruit.  I'm legitimately addicted to watermelon.  I'm addicted and I just can't get enough.

Black Eyed Peas shoutout.
[via idolator]
It's so good.  I can eat watermelon until my bladder makes me stop.  Even then, I will push myself to the limit and tell me bladder to shut its mouth if it means that I can eat ten more pieces of watermelon.  One time in college, I laid down a garbage bag on the floor, cut open a watermelon and went at it.

Like a lion attacking a limping baby gazelle, I mauled that watermelon.  There was watermelon juice all over my arms, legs, stomach, neck, chest and face.  At one point, I think my entire face was inside of the watermelon.  INSIDE OF THE WATERMELON.  So good.  Watermelon is summer perfection.  And I would eat it in the winter too.  BUT I CAN'T.  I'm melancholy and the only cure is more watermelon.

And perhaps a touch of cowbell.
[via bythelbs]
I just want it all year round, is that so hard to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment